Wednesday, May 20, 2009

status

this a time for getting my bearings and establishing a rhythm, for getting questions answered, and forging a path. i'm hopeful. on the horizon is my appeal hearing with the DLLR, and though i'll be okay regardless of the agency's decision (backpay, etc.), i am hoping for vindication.

i realize i'm being vague about the job i've found. i've always taken care to never mention the place where i work by name and never to give any identifying specifics that could make the company recognizable to others in print. that will very much continue. i can say that i'm balancing my expectations and not hurrying to personalize the experience (or the space) too much. i need to keep myself psyched up by seeing it as a place that i report, for about 8 hours a day, that is separate from my real life, or any concept i have of myself. this is evident in a lot of little ways. i haven't taken a coffee mug there, but instead am using one of theirs. that's huge for me.

No comments: