Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Credit Score Check-in

It's a beautiful day in the city of charm and I'm in a good mood for a few reasons. Breakfast with my dear Catchka-one at the City Cafe (Charlie Parker serenading us, to boot) was wholly satisfying, the dog was well-behaved on her afternoon walk, and I'm revitalized after a generous nap.

I decided to check in with my credit report and score, which when I last looked was stable and in repair from the foolish financial folly that lasted from my late 20s to just last year. Well, now I am a mere 7 points away from the number I wanted to reach by January of 2010. At the rate I'm going, by the new year I could be beyond "good" and at "exceptional" with only school loan debt and the negligible revolving balance on the one card that gets billed for the monthly credit report service I use.

Because of the generosity of friends and the cushion I had working for me during this time of unemployment, I haven't had to resort to using my newly paid-off credit cards once, which is something of a miracle.

Tonight C and I are going to Wegman's for the superior produce and impressive variety of good foods. I'm feeling all manner of inspired to shop well and cook creatively. I'm headed back to the grind, so getting myself in the right head space will be crucial for success.

No comments: