Friday, May 08, 2009

run down

in spite of a general malaise that i think has to do with not getting enough rest lately, it's been a good week. not only did i finish my memoir revisions with time to spare, but i also got to have lunch with B, my friend and former coworker, today at Marie Louise. I haven't seen her in at least six months, so we had a ton of catching up to do.

because she needed to print out directions to her next destination, she got to meet the illustrious babygirl, who did her usual posturing and growling, but eventually calmed down. i had to have her on a leash during the acclimation period (more so B could feel comfortable and assured that i had control over her).

after the dog's afternoon walk, i went out alone for dog food (we'd run out), then i got back, couldn't find my cell phone, and walked back to the bistro where i'd had lunch. it wasn't there. apparently, if i'd just felt in the secret compartment of my purse, i'd have found it there. what a waste. all the in and out has made for a surreal afternoon.

once C gets home we'll head down to campus for an evening reading and then push on to my mom's later tonight for Mother's Day weekend festivities. My "meeting" was moved to Monday morning. Hope I'm feeling completely well by then.

No comments: