Friday, May 15, 2009

Divesting

It's Friday afternoon at The Baltimore Chronicles, and I'm doing laundry, purging my closet of items that just don't work anymore, never worked, or that I've finally come to terms with the fact that I cannot get into due to weight gain. Facing the undiluted truth is the most important part of any new venture.

I've also cleaned out my wallet--finally threw out irrelevant business cards--and enforced a strict coda of card-facing direction. It's all very cleansing.

Next, while the laundry churns on, I'm going to write an exhaustive grocery list (Wegman's is tonight since neither C nor I felt like it the other day). I'm also going to craft a list of short- and long-term items that we need for the house.

I want to start Monday off on the right foot, complete with 6 a.m. workout and a protein-packed smoothie of some kind. I'm determined to have a good summer and to rebound, soundly, from the last 10 weeks of soul-crushing doubt and lack of purpose.

No comments: