Wednesday, May 06, 2009

I Know It's Been a Minute Since I've Posted

but i've actually been in head down mode. even though i willingly, happily sacrified a few prime days of revision time for the charleston trip, i made up for it in spades starting this Sunday morning. I know it must be spring, because I'm waking up every morning at 6:30, wide awake, regardless of what time I go to bed.

Tomorrow, my spring semester wraps up, and I think I've managed to pull off a miracle. With the invaluable help of program mates and friends, electronic publishing ended on a high note on Monday night with the demonstration of end of term projects. Tomorrow, I turn in four revised essays that represent all the writing I've done this semester. Because I was inspired, I also wrote another, bonus essay to include in the packet for my instructor's feedback.

it's my way of going above and beyond. right now, i'm carrying a B+ in memoir, and I want to bring that up to an A. I'm actually hoping to do what I didn't do last term, and get As in both classes.

I have a meeting on Friday morning, and I am cautiously hopeful. My last interview went well, but I was not offered an opportunity to come back for a subsequent meeting. Beyond Friday's meeting, I have a couple of other irons in the fire. Something's got to work out soon, right?

No comments: