Sunday, March 15, 2009

the old 1-2 punch

there's a boxing class at my gym. Crystal and i have talked about going to it, but it's at the brutal hour of 6 am on the most brutal of all days--Monday.

[i know i said i was quitting to save money, but because i missed the window to cancel for April, and paid the last month's fee when i joined, the membership is active through the end of May.]

anyway, of the two of us, Crystal's been way more excited than i have been, but i've still been intrigued. i knew my sister had her eye out to purchase her own boxing gloves (who'd want to wear the ones at the gym? bleah.), and the thought of that made me feel a little like buying my own pair, too.

completely unexpectedly, she surprised me with a pair today. so, unless my body betrays me, it's me and punching bag tomorrow at the crack of dawn.

1 comment:

Holly said...

Good call on the gloves. I did a little boxing at my old gym, and my hands would be SO sweaty...