Sunday, March 29, 2009

Denied

So, it's as i suspected. my notice from the DLLR came on saturday. due to my inability/unwillingness to work, i'm being denied funds. apparently, taking evening classes and working full-time prior to my lay off is tantamount to a "severe restriction upon [my] time."

i've already posted a written appeal, per the instructions, that clarifies (as I thought I did on the phone with the interviewer) that my course schedule is not prohibitive--that my classes are mostly in the evenings, that i won't have a course load this summer, etc.

i tried to substantiate my claim by mentioning that i already know my fall schedule (which i do), and that all of my courses take place after traditional working hours. i even let them know that my program was created with adults who work full-time in mind.

maybe it was heavy handed, but i stressed that my taxes, for the last 14 years, have gone into this very system, and now I'm in need of its assistance.

i spelled it out. i'm willing to work, and yes, if need be, i would interrupt my course of study, but that it isn't necessary, at this point.

beyond that, i'm trolling a job fair tomorrow, and i have a meeting on wednesday.

as for boxing class, it's out of my league. i need to lose weight and build up endurance in other ways, first. it took four days to recover from one hour of high impact exercise. that's a grim forecast, but it's important to be realistic.

No comments: