Tuesday, December 26, 2006

a longer post about the holiday to come, but in the meantime just wanted to report that i had a lovely Christmas with my family and got some very thoughtful gifts. More importantly, i got in some true quality time with my sisters, which I treasure so much. sarah and i hooked up on her way back into town from Richmond and did our gift exchange today. Just finished watching one of those gifts--The Bridget Jones sequel (edge of reason). Oh, and I checked my Independent Study grade online. A+. I figured on an A because I knew I had done the work, but that little + is a tremendous gesture of acknowledgment from my advisor. I know I deserve it, but it still surprised me, because I'm not accustomed to that type of generosity in academia, that little extra. I gave myself to the work and he recognized that. Now I just need to contest that thesis grade (my advisor is not the one who graded me on my thesis though he is the one with whom I did the work)--I was marked down an entire letter grade for not attending the reading. In any case, I have every expectation of rectifying that situation to my satisfaction soon. I'll report back as there is news to report.

Back later with more details about Christmas...

No comments: