Wednesday, December 20, 2006

I think I've finally gotten the right balance of curry paste, coconut milk, honey, and crushed red pepper to make a truly good curry sauce. Tonight's shrimp curry pasta was perfect (and hot!). I sauteed scallions, roasted red pepper, and garlic in the pan with the shrimp, then added the curry mixture. I let it cook until the sauce thickened up a bit. Once the pasta (whole wheat) was done, I just spooned the shrimp and sauce on top. So easy and relatively easy clean up, too.

Talked to my mom tonight. I think we are now doing Christmas at my place, which is actually nice. That means I will not have to worry about keeping my sanity in a chaotic space. But it does mean that I can busy myself cleaning up and making things here as warm and relaxing as possible.

On other fronts, I am happy to report that both of my sisters are in relationships that are making them happy! Caryl's situation is fairly new, and not fully defined, but the gentleman seems invested. Crystal and her guy are beginning to talk marriage. I've met him and I approve. As with everything else, we'll see, but I think it's never bad to have love in your life, even if only for a little while.

I have been so restless lately! It's like I'm waiting for something awesome to happen, or for something to happen, period. I think it's just the internal chaos that precedes Christmas and the new year.

No comments: