Monday, February 07, 2005

Yesterday, late morning, I discovered the simple joy of doing some reading at the One World Cafe with a classmate. Though I did not intend to eat (but was drinking coffee in abundance to earn my seat), I ended up ordering the oatmeal raisin pancakes with raspberry syrup and butter. Reading Alice Munro's Selected Stories to a backdrop of trip hop and acid rock, the bzz bzz of the patrons' conversations, and the macadamia nut steam blowing off my cuppa was an experience for all of my senses. I didn't know how well I would do going out to read with another person. During my undergrad days such a mission would have been overrun with the self-distracting need to talk, but Cheryl and I were both very disciplined, stopping only here and there to comment on something or to chat briefly.

The bout of productivity continued into the late afternoon. I came home and printed out several pictures of items from Target.com that will be part of my bedroom redecorating schematic. I also confirmed the acceptance of my tax statements online. I wrote lists for both short- and long-term goals, specifically as it pertains to said redecoration.

I took some extra time this morning to make a full pot of Belgian Chocolate coffee, a thermosful of which I brought into the office for Michael and myself. Of course it would not be complete without the caramel vanilla creamer, so I have that in tow as well.

Wanted to send a fax to the university re financial aid forms, but alas both our machines are having a meltdown at the moment. One of them needs toner, the other is just weird. I guess I'll just munch on the cowboy cookies Sarah sent to me via Michael. Ah! Life is so sweet!

No comments: