Wednesday, February 09, 2005

The quote on the bar beneath the blog title comes from the love theme of the James Bond movie "License to Kill," and is sung by Gladys Knight. I've had just that phrase in my head for the last few days now. No, it is not the mad cry of sick, obsessed person. It's a person in love saying, metaphorically, "I'm not holding back. I'm putting myself out there, going for the jugular. I'm not going to punk out on loving you." Anyway, I just wanted to clear that up, lest you think I've lost my mind...or that I'm advocating violence.

I just mailed a Valentine's Day card to each of my sisters to ensure delivery by Monday. I was going to mail Sarah's today too, but it will arrive too early if I do that. Since she's right in the city I think I can mail hers on Friday and it will still get there on time.

There is literally nothing to discuss today. I was too sleepy to even properly converse with Michael on our drive into the office. Have been having a recurring dream lately in which I am seeing G for the first time in a long time, and though being face to face with him is not stressful or acrimonious for either of us, he does not speak to me. I understand (in the logic of the dream)that this is not a slight. He always looks me full in the face, acknowledging something...but then he leaves, or more and more lately, in comes the woman he is seeing in the dream (not a real person), and I know that he is worried about my reaction to the knowledge that he is in a relationship. Sometimes I am unphased; sometimes I feel a tinge of disappointment, but mostly just acceptance.

No comments: