Saturday, February 12, 2005

Am listening to Madeleine Peyroux while I wait for Sarah to call up with her ETA. We will tool around today. Basically I am helping her to run errands, and I feel better about going out since I finally got that poem assignment down, I think. 15-25 lines of narrative, with intentional prosody. I made enough headway that my whole Saturday doesn't have to be taken up with it. I'll fine tune tomorrow and Monday if that is needed.

My professor sent a very comprehensive e-mail to me yesterday. The subject of this e-mail was my paper on Kafka from last semester. Just reading his thoughts about my thoughts caused me to feel excited and alive. Clearly, I simply flourish at the first sign of attention from a man whose intellect I respect. I have not yet written back, but I do want to thank him for commenting on something from a different class, last year, and at such a granular level, when he was in no way obligated to do that.

I am supposed to go to a party tonight, and though I'm not particularly interested in it, I am daring myself to socialize outside my very limited box. I have got to meet people. And by people I mean men.

No comments: