Thursday, February 03, 2005

I just want to publicly congratulate my sister Caryl on her upcoming (tonight!) coffeehouse at SMCM. She has a 40-minute set all to herself, and will be accompanied by a keyboardist and a guitarist. She will be covering many smooth, neo-soul hits, some more jazzy blues, and a few alternative rock numbers, including Oasis's "Wonderwall." She is so ecclectic and artistic!

Speaking of sisters. Crystal called me last night (for the 2nd time in about a month, which is a lot for her) and we chatted for about an hour or so. She regaled me with "the Sebastian tales." Sebastian is this 3 year-old kid for whom she occasionally baby sits,and he adores her. We also cackled over various scenes from "Napoleon Dynamite." She and her boyfriend were unlikely candidates, I thought, for ND appreciation, but they both love it! It is one of my attainable wishes to watch that movie with both of my sisters at the same time.

Have felt for the last two days that I am on the verge of getting a cold. The Vitamin C that Michael gave me is staving off the beast, which is a good thing. This would be a bad time to be sick.

No comments: