Thursday, July 24, 2003

Moving On Up, But Not...

A couple of weeks ago my boss promised me a larger cubicle with a view once the big move happened (we acquired the suite directly adjacent to the one we're in now--in addition to the one we presently occupy, mind you). But not everyone communicated with everyone else, so somebody else is getting that cubicle. Not me. We're supposed to revisit the issue in a couple of weeks. I think that comment was meant to placate me. Whatever. I don't need to be placated. I just want someone to shoot straight with me.

This kind of thing always happens to me. The thing is, I never would have thought anything of it, except I was told that I'd be given that space. When someone says something to me it becomes a certainty. I forgot about beauracracy. I forgot about synapses that never fully fire. I forgot about office politics.

No comments: