Monday, July 14, 2003

I am writing my stepfather, with whom I have been on the outs, a letter. My relationship with him is the source of a lot of my struggles with anger, and I want to be as proactive as I can possibly be in assuming responsibility for addressing my concerns with him head on. Everytime I'm angry, what or whomever the immediate culprit, my battle is really against him and the way that he raised me.

I am still working on it. I don't want to come off as being arrogant or sanctimonious. My intention is to write it from the perspective of offering him compassion, though not a relationship (at least not now). I will do this by being frank about my own anger, and its destructive properties.

I don't want these things to be unsaid by me when it is in my power to say them.

No comments: