Friday, July 11, 2003

I had a dream last night that I went to South Dakota, for Devika's wedding, I presume. She presented me with 2 rings, one a sapphire (my actual birthstone) and another, clearer stone, not obviously a diamond. She also had a watch with a pearly white band for me, but expressed trepidation at giving it to me because I was already wearing a watch (the watch I actually wear everyday in reality). I remember that I wanted very much to receive her gifts graciously and quickly threw off the old watch to indicate my receptiveness to wearing the new one. Then, I put the rings on two of the fingers on my left hand, and held them out in front of me to admire.

I just ate a rather messy lunch of buffalo wings and french fries, but luckily managed to escape messing up the white shirt I am wearing. The office is fairly quiet since a few people are out on vacation.

I'm looking forward to my trip to the library tomorrow. I have to renew The Unbearable Lightness of Being, and return the others, including Wonder When You'll Miss Me, with which I didn't connect enough to finish.

No comments: