Sunday, July 06, 2003

Gordon read me poems featured in this week's city paper while searching for the movie section so we could plan our outing to see Terminator III. I called him up to see how he was after reading a fairly long, meandering e-mail he sent me this morning. He was making generic hamburger helper, and feeling that he'd got the measurements wrong since he was using the eyeball method. In the course of this 10-minute convo he said he was planning to see T-3, and did I want to come with him?

He also sang me KISS songs (I didn't even know that I knew of any) when he read that they and Aerosmith are playing at the Nissan Pavillion, but after a few bars of three different numbers, and a brief discussion about KISS's disco album (which he thinks is great), he got bored with his mini musical presentation, and we moved on to other things. I told him I was just reading and doing laundry, but wanted to check in on him...

We agreed he would call me sometime this week, and would try for a Wednesday show (he never found the movie section).

Yesterday, Sarah and I visited her grandmother--unfortunately at the hospital--in Pennsylvania. On the way up, we got caught in a horrible storm, and had to pull off the road, but it passed soon enough.

No comments: