Saturday, January 19, 2008

What I've done this week in the interest of fiscal fitness

In spite of an unfortunate 20-dollar loss at the beginning of the week (I lost my weekly MTA pass shortly after purchasing it and had to buy another), I am rounding out this 7-day period in an advantageous position. The "loyalty" bonuses came in yesterday, along with our W-2s, so not only will I be depositing a healthy sum into the old checking account (and immediately moving a nice portion of that into my interest-bearing savings account), but I did my taxes. Because I'm paying interest on my student loans, I am getting a small refund (as opposed to owing a small amount). The state, of course, I owe (cannot remember the last time Maryland didn't have its hand out for more of my money come tax time). I e-filed the federal; the state can wait for it! Bastards! Anyone know what I can do to get some tax breaks in the great state of Maryland?

My left quad is slightly strained, so I skipped sculpt and spin today. Have definitely lost the 2+ pounds I suspected I had, though, because I have been great about food choices for the last couple of weeks. I'm back in synch with my normal diet and gym schedule, so that's given me a lot of momentum. Just 6 more pounds until I reach my goal (anything else on top of that is gravy)!

Yesterday, I did a conservative lunch with two coworkers at the One World. I got a bowl of their hearty miso and steamed spinach on the side--water and jasmine green tea to drink. I got a nonfat chai to go, but found it to be too sweet for my taste, so dumped about half of it.

Even though I skipped the gym today, I still woke up at 7:20 so I could finish the e-file process, detangle my hair (and call for an appointment for this coming Thursday), deposit my bonus check, and make myself a scrambled egg & scallion sundried tomato wrap. I am meeting Sarah at about 11:30. We're seeing a matinee of "27 Dresses."

No comments: