Thursday, January 24, 2008

Closing out the week


I left the office at about 10 mintues before noon. My salon appointment was at 12:30 and I needed to hit my bank (a few doors down from my stylist's place) to get quarters for laundry first, so I was pushing it (but I made it on time). In the spirit of "if you fail to plan, you plan to fail" I made myself two pb & j sandwiches last night for lunch. because they didn't need to be refrigerated or heated up, I could just leave them in my bag to eat while sitting under the dryer. Easy on the wallet, fairly easy on the waistline too.

After a couple of hours my hair was relaxed and cut (see above), and I was ready to jet home to check work e-mail to make sure nothing catastrophic--or at the very least, inconvenient--happened while I was away. A few response e-mails later and I headed to the library to return most of the books and books-on-cd I'd checked out. I renewed two selections online this morning.

I skipped the gym this morning because I didn't want to have to deal with sweating but not being able to wash my hair (because of hair appointment), but I still woke up at 6, paid some bills online (including paying off one of my smaller credit cards, which I made it a goal to do within the first quarter of the new year), made a deposit to savings, and then headed in to work.

After coming home from the bibliotechque, I set about doing that laundry. Dinner was lightly breaded tilapia filets with cannellini beans & spinach with garlic and red onion on the side. I also tried out my new stove top espresso maker (Giada has one just like it!).
Starting to get sleepy and 5 am comes early, so I'm signing off for now. Tomorrow I resume my gym schedule, office stuff, and my place in the "Key Lime Murder" mystery. It's this campy series about a baker in a small town in Minnesota. Every installment features some new intrigue surrounding a particular dessert and some interloper's demise.

2 comments:

sarah said...

ooh! how did the espresso maker work?? i hope it's fabu:)

and dessert mysteries? i feel i would enjoy this!

Alexis said...

You fabulous in that picture, dahling. :)