Tuesday, January 01, 2008

first of the year

if today is anything to go by, 2008 will be a year of tremendous industriousness. call me superstitious (or prone to cliches, more like), but I believe that the way you "bring in" the new year brings much to bear on how you will spend the year. So far: the gym for about an hour and a half workout, taking down and putting away the Christmas tree, tidying up from the small NYE fete, and laundry.

Now I need to finish up a letter to a friend and start reading David Bach's Smart Women Finish Rich. By mid-March I want to have lost this last ten pounds and to have completely paid off one of my credit cards.

In the spirit of "keeping it real," i have to admit to coming home from the gym and eating four cookies and the rest of the potato chips from last night. So there. 2008 will not be a year of asetisicm :).

No comments: