Friday, January 11, 2008

Progress

Today, on my brief lunchbreak, I opened up an interest-bearing Savings account. Furthermore, if I had to guess, I'd say that I lost about 2 pounds this week. In a similar vein, I was particularly satisfied by the mailing of checks and the completion on online bill pay transactions this month. My renewed commitment to financial integrity has created such positive energy around this process (instead of the usual dread and anxiety).

On other fronts, I've listened to two audio books and completed one book book in the last seven days. All while meeting all manner of deadlines at the j-o-b.

I am having E over for dinner on Sunday. Can't wait to finalize the menu--it's got me genuinely excited to cook. Maybe a shrimp and penne (whole wheat) casserole, creamed corn corn muffins, and Edy's Grand Light (1/3 the fat, 1/2 the calories) with berries for dessert? Or maybe some sort of gourmet soup, a fancy salad, and stuffed chicken breasts (w/sundried tomatoes, breadcrumbs, and cheese)? Just berries and other assorted fruits for dessert?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sounds delicious!!! And kudos to your financial responsibility!!