Sunday, January 20, 2008

Looking ahead: Projection for 1/21 to 1/25

I completed the online FAFSA application this evening (I swear, receiving your W-2 opens up so many doors sometimes) before throwing together a quick dinner of whole wheat ravioli, topped with just a bit of balsamic, roasted butternut squash, kalamata olives, cherry tomatoes, and green beans. Hopefully, my prospective University will get this information just as they are beginning to make final decisions about my application and so can make early decisions about what money I can receive. I really hope the fact that I'm paying off loans from the last masters degree doesn't hurt my chances of getting all the funds I need.

My seldom-used crock pot is going to earn its keep tomorrow while I earn mine.

Short digression: Ever have those perfectly useful items around your house that, for whatever reason, you just haven't leveraged for your greater good? I do. Mine is this beautiful slow cooker that I've let sit, untouched, for about 3 winters now. No more!

Anyway, I've put together a turkey chili mixture of: ground turkey (of course), baby carrots, red onions, garlic, and crushed and diced tomatoes seasoned with chili powder, salt, pepper, Old Bay, a hint of rosemary, and balsamic vinegar. I'm using a mixture of cannellini and kidney beans as the foundation.

The plan? I've invited Catchka over to break bread with me tomorrow night (haven't yet heard whether she's free). Quite literally, after ladling up a hearty portion of the steaming melange into wide-mouthed bowls, I will crumble those [warmed] corn muffins from last week on top. I may even add a dash of fat-free cheddar.

Tomorrow, my forced 2-day hiatus from the gym comes to an end, and I get reacquainted with the elliptical. Looking forward to it! I hope to have a hair appointment on Thursday, and Friday we complete an annoying client-deliverable (perhaps beforehand, God willing).

Speaking of the client. Obviously, I cannot say much about work that's specific, but I will offer up the following: since their office observes MLK day, I know there won't be any e-mails from them tomorrow about anything!

Per tradition, Sarah's mother sent me the yearly planner she receives, gratis, from her company. I get so much mileage out of it. I've already noted all of my pay periods through May and have charted what bills are due when, when to move funds to savings, and the dates by which I want to have paid off certain credit cards. I've even planned the pay period out of which to pay the state the taxes I owe.

Finished reading Maynard & Jennica today while simultaneously watching "Mistress of Spices" with Sarah. Multitasking has its benefits. Of course, I had to ask Sarah how the movie ended. I mean, I kind of got it, but I was a little distracted...

2 comments:

sarah said...

dude, thank heaven i was able to get on an unsecured network from my apartment at 1:30 a.m. (still on it!) so that i could turn in my homework. the internet is, like, trying to ruin me, but ha! foiled again!!

anyway, the assignment got into the correct box with 30 minutes to spare. thank God!!

hope your chili's delish. everyone has a spice - remember?

xoxo,
me

Anonymous said...

hey, I didn't know that the movie came out! I read the book years ago.