Saturday, November 17, 2007

Silly [of me]

Listening to a real throwback from my childhood--Deniece Williams' "Silly," in which she intones "silly of me to go around and brag about the love I found... foolish of me to tell them all that every night and day you call when you could care less..." It reminds me of being 7, driving around with my mom and dad, belting it out and the top of my lungs.

Last night after V's surprise birthday party Sarah helped me figure out my iPod issue. Basically, updating its software made it incompatible with my not updated iTunes. When I got home tonight, I downloaded the new version of iTunes. I got some weird message telling me that there is a software update for my iPod, but I skipped it this time. Whever Apple updates its systems, there's often a resulting bug. No thank you. Anyway, I can now add songs back onto Kafka--and they actually show up (they weren't after I resynced on Thursday night).

Meant to come home early today and get a lot of work done, but a muscle relaxant debacle followed by a not-having-cash-on-hand for the light rail debacle meant extra time with Sarah (I did not emerge from my coma until 12:30!!!). After lunch she dropped me off at the train. I'd stood there for about 2 minutes when I realized that a) I needed to buy a pass and b)that I had no money with which to buy said pass. I called Sarah and she turned right back around and picked me up. I headed to points north with her. Ended up buying a new workout outfit, a Pashmina (13.00), and new bedroom slippers.

Another added benefit is that I got to grocery shop at Whole Foods. Bought some Aztec hot cocoa powder. Spicy! Now I have a great use for all that fat free half & half I bought for the party.

Just a few minutes before 9 and I'm just sitting down to get through some of my editing stacks.

No comments: