Monday, November 26, 2007

Drama!

so. my other sister, 22, is dating a 35-year old man she met online. This is not going over well with my mother. As for me, I think the affair is ill-fated, but must run its course. In truth, the whole thing feels sinister to me. Not throat-slashed-found-in-bushes sinister, but more like this-can't-end-well sinister.

i'm in such a weird place right now. i don't feel like i have much ability to work up the motivation to go to the gym. that is unsettling. i did go yesterday, but given that i worked until about 11:30 last night (and then had to decompress by reading some of Mark Haddon's A Spot of Bother), I decided to sleep in until 6:40 this morning.

last night was the end of my working from home for the next month at least, so i should be able to make it to work out every other day this week (spin tomorrow!). getting my life to settle down has been such a trick. anyway, the extra effort paid off. i began things at the office today on a pretty level playing field. what is even better, i delegated some stuff to other people (some resources were suddenly freed up), which also helped.

am excited. i just started Ayn Rand's The Fountainhead. Page 1. Maybe i'll be done by Christmas. Speaking of Christmas and the par-for-the-course festivities of December, i'm trying to think through days i want to take off/work from home. Haven't got it totally worked out yet.

i say it every year, but am really looking to pare down holiday stuff this year. not the celebrating and the warmth, but the spending and the eating. goodness. the eating.

i really want to do something nice for my sisters. mulling it over.

No comments: