Saturday, September 01, 2007

3 days to 34

so i am fast approaching my mid-30s. this year definitely yielded some sadness, some surprises, and some success.

My 33rd birthday was the last time i ever heard my father's voice. He died twenty days later.

Roughly six months after my 33rd, i was kissed for the first time in 16 years. The man who had the honour was the first mutual, romantic attraction of my life. Even though that dalliance did not evolve into a relationship, it heralded the coming of a new era--the era of men being captivated by something other than my intellect.

A month before i turned 33 i accepted the most fulfilling job of my adult life.

3 months after my 33rd, i finished the Masters program at JHU.

And now, today, with just 3 days left of this year, i am 20 pounds lighter than i was at this time last year. Just about 10 more to go before i hit my milestone.

1 comment:

sarah said...

dood, happy birthday! i totally blogged about you:)