Sunday, September 30, 2007

My Weekend in Food

Catchka and I hooked up at about 9:30 on Saturday to work out together at my gym. We were on machines and underway by about 9:40. I decided that because of the annual Chile party at the home of some friends of Sarah's that I would try to maximize the cardio beforehand. I ended up doing two back-to-back elliptical routines. I was on for a total of 68 minutes and burned about 870 calories. My energy level was really amped. I could have easily gone for 30 more minutes, but decided to get to the lifting.

sidebar: my hip flexor now feels a bit strained. I'll be icing it tonight. May be skipping out on the gym tomorrow. Don't want to make it worse and not be able to spin on Tuesday and Thursday.

C and I did the full suite of upper and lower body machines before calling it quits and heading over to the One World for a much-needed post workout meal (green tea, mushroom & goat cheese omelette, and home fries with hot sauce).

Once dropped off at Sarah's place, I grabbed a quick shower and then she and I headed to the party (I did significantly better than I've done in previous years where food and alcohol consumption are concerned) to fraternize with the other revelers. I had the equivalent of about two drinks and one plate of nacho chips with cheese dip and guacamole (nothing at this party is conservative, so it's all about quantity control). Sarah, her friend M, and I all shared several bite-size desserts. The bite and nibble route is best with sweets, I find.

This morning Sarah and I met up with her parents at the City cafe for brunch then we headed north to the Owings Mills Mall so I could give S my opinion on which new frames she should buy. A quick trip to Trader Joe's later and I was dropped off at a light rail stop so I could make my way home.

Breakfast was huge so I just started to feel hungry again at about 4, where I ate some leftovers from yesterday's party. And that is it for indulgences this week. Am 4 pounds from interim goal and 10 pounds from true goal.

No comments: