Tuesday, September 04, 2007

34!



I have lovely people in my life. The morning began with a scrumptuous almond amaretto cake (not pictured here) courtesy of my boss. I ate a conservative slice (after spin class--ha!) The 6.5 hours I spent at work were evenly productive, then it was home for a few hours of low key e-mail returning and getting ready for the small dinner party I planned. Sadly, Sarah could not be there (nasty upper respiratory infection), but I gathered with V, M, E, and C at the City Cafe.

Other than a glass of wine and the divine chocolate cake with chocolate butter cream frosting and raspberries, I had a half size house salad with grilled chicken on top (fat free dressing on the side). Two slices of cake aside, this was a great day for fruits and vegetables (and exercise), so I have no food remorse, which is a good thing.

Thanks to my friends' thoughtfulness, I have a gift card (Target!), dessert plates and crisp white coffee mugs, a digital scale that calculates not only weight but BMI and fat percentage (it was on my wish list), and candles (you can really never have too many, in my opinion). To commemorate the event for them, I made a "Kate's 34" mix cd complete w/ cover art (some assembly required).

So, another year... yeah. Good times.

1 comment:

Brenda said...

Happy Birthday! I am so glad to know you (even through something so impersonal as an internet connection). Best wishes for this year. I can tell God has been at work.