Sunday, September 09, 2007

Back to Normal

Started feeling back to normal by Friday evening. Thank goodness this was just one of those 36-hour things (and it did not morph into a sore throat, which I just can't stand). Over-the-counter meds, orange juice, and sleep did the trick.

Managed to exercise both yesterday (elliptical and spin!) and today (elliptical, lifting, and resistance bands), which will help set the tone for the week. The eating was not so virtuous. I won't get into it.

All set to go back to work and tackle some deliverables. Had a realization today. It's all going to just keep flying by. . . every Sunday night I feel a twinge of uncertainty. I ask myself if I'll be able to pull "it" off again this week (whatever "it" is), and the truth is the days fly, regardless of what's on my plate. I blink and they're gone. This is not to say that some weeks aren't more challenging than others, or that some days don't seem to move slowly, but in retrospect, it's always gone too quickly.

The last year of my life is already an airy memory, though it was filled with ponderous stuff. Just gone. And whatever it is that I was worried about, well, it either worked itself out or went away. So I'll just take this M-F as it comes. Here's to "it," whatever that may be.

No comments: