Wednesday, August 29, 2007

headed in the right direction

today was better than i thought it would be. in spite of not wanting to work out this morning, i dragged my sleepy self to the gym at the normal time. i decided to forego my lifting routine after 40 minutes on the elliptical in favor of hitting the ground running at work. good choice. i'm going to end the week in an advantageous position--some deliverables out a bit early, others ready to submit early the morning after Labor Day.

Speaking of September 4th, I'm looking forward to spinning bright and early on my 34th birthday. I can't think of a better way to begin that day or a better gift to give myself.

I've been off balance the last couple of days, but I'm coming to a familiar conclusion. I need to loosen my grip, breathe, and wait. Whatever disappointments I have, it's time to release them. To my quote my beloved Rilke:

Who has no house now,will never build one.
Who is alone now, will long remain so,
will stay awake, read, write long letters
and will wander restlessly up and down
the tree-lined streets, when the leaves are drifting.

No comments: