Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Still Pending?

I'm not so sure anymore. The last time I heard from Mr. Close Encounters was Friday evening. He suggested that we meet up this week. I replied and encouraged him to e-mail with a suggested day. And coming on 4 days since then.... nothing. Not a word. I know this kind of thing happens. The Fizzle Out Phenomenon.

As to guy #3, he did write me to suggest a follow up, but because I felt more "I could be his friend" than "I could be his lovah" vibes, I wrote back what I hoped was a breezy note telling him that it was great to meet him, that I felt that the two of us could be "terrific friends!" and that I'd be game to meet up again, but that the next several weeks will be nuts, so I'd have to drop him a line at some point when things calm down.

I was/am concerned about getting into a pattern with anyone that I already know I'm not interested in, romantically. I know that meeting up with him again would have been enjoyable, but I have to keep in mind that I didn't meet this person in class, or through some other context in which one could assume a premise of friendship. I have to be cognizant of the fact that I met this person through a dating context, so the expectations, at the outset, are a little different. I can't bumble into a scenario in which I have to consider someone else's investment in me. It's important not to be cavalier.

No comments: