Saturday, March 24, 2007

Busy-ness = Cure for Obsessive Thinking

I've been way too occupied at work for the last couple of days to spare an ounce of energy on worrying about anything that is not work. And while I left the office last night with a solid wall of tension for a back, it was nothing a bubble bath (with bath confetti!) couldn't cure...

Before heading home,though, I did ride up to the suburbs in search of a dress to wear on my date tomorrow. After trying on several I remembered why dresses are my archnemesis. Short torso, short legs, hips, and an ample bust = pants.
It was only a mild disappointment. I usually don't even think to look for dresses, but something about the onset of spring and wanting to be romantic and coquettish made me think of a twirling skirt with hose and pumps.

I did find a couple of great tops, some fun accessories, and a way marked down pair of Steve Madden Mary Janes with a chunky heel. So tomorrow's outfit is all decided and I'm feeling pretty unphased for the time being.

Tonight I hang out with Sarah, E, and the good neurosurgeon. Should be a lovely occasion.

No comments: