Thursday, March 08, 2007

Close encounters of some kind or other

what would you say if I told you that as I was walking toward the light rail this morning (after a brief 7-11 coffee run) that I saw a man I've been communicating with for the last several days via the dating site?

I've only seen a few photos and exchanged limited e-mails with him,but when I saw him I knew who he was right away. And he saw me seeing him and I saw him seeing me. But neither of us said a word.

We were close enough to make each other out, but far enough away that calling out would have been ridiculous and not a little embarrassing. I thought about doing it anyway, but quickly rejected the idea in favour of my dignity. Clearly he did the same, because though he kept walking this morning (after staring at me for a judicious beat from the other side of Calvert street) I just got a note from him that said "i saw you this morning. didn't i?"

No comments: