Saturday, March 10, 2007

Fishing for salmon, losing at backgammon...

Last night's cocktail fete (post a ceiling water damage maintenance scenario) was a success. I am amazed at how many dishes salad, hors d'oeuvres, pizza, and martinis can generate. I went home with Sarah afterward (midnight!) so a terriffic stack of plates and bowls were waiting for me when I got back home tonight. It took me about an hour to get everything back to normal (and hence my internal agitation barometer back to neutral).

The Sarah-one and I parted ways at Kohl's--she had to get to a friend's party--where I began to shop for some date outfits. It was a little depressing, though by no means surprising, to know that I am back up a few sizes. In spite of all that, I found two wonderful shirts, a sweater, a terrific pair of black pants, yoga pants, a pair of casual shoes, and other various and sundries. Though the fact of needing new clothes with which to make good first impressions on potential suitors prompted these purchases, these new things will be good for work, too. The yoga pants, obviously, are neither for dates nor work (unless I get suckered into a couples' yoga class at some point in the future).

As to being back in the larger sizes, all I can say is this: It's a good thing I joined a gym (right near work!) on Thursday. I start working out again next week. Thank God!

No comments: