Sunday, November 19, 2006

Sarah and I just got back from Wegmans where all of the greater suburban Baltimore population was also shopping. I am usually annoyed by the throng at this grocery store (honestly, it was probably about the same as any other Saturday afternoon or Sunday morning that I've been there), but I purposed in my heart to be in a good mood, no matter how many clogged aisles I faced. I got a mix of hazelnut and dark espresso at the coffee shoppe and made my way through the maze looking for all the Thanksgiving trimmings to lay the best feast possible for my family. Having Sarah as my partner in this venture made the shopping trip less overwhelming, so I don't want to discount the impace of that on my mood, either.

Honestly, I can't wait for Thursday. I'm having everyone arrive at noon, so we can really have the whole day together. And as per a relatively new tradition of mine, we are going to put up my tree on Thanksgiving night to the backdrop of Christmas music. I can't wait for the smell of baking squash and the golden buttery scent of macaroni and cheese casserole, hazelnut coffee, homemade stuffing with sage sausage... all of it swirling into the dining room, our dog trotting around happily, just knowing she's getting leftovers.

No comments: