Sunday, November 05, 2006

Sarah and I got together for breakfast and a major thesis revision session yesterday morning. Sarah is my copy and content editor, and as such, felt it would be better for us to have a face-to-face as opposed to her simply making marks on the document and giving it back to me. It was painful, but productive. I know that I am in full-on stress mode because my default solution at this point, if something is not working on first pass, is to remove it. Believe me, I have exhausted that privilege. At this point, I am down to 27 or 28 pages (poetry theses only need be between 25 and 35 pages), so I have no room to maneuver.

My sister Crystal came in yesterday afternoon at about 3:45. We talked for a couple of hours then went to dinner at Never On Sunday, where the cheesesteak is delicious, but kept me up with indigestion. It was responsible for quite a scare, actually. My rumbling stomach seemed to be the herald of a stomach "thing," and believe me, I cannot have a stomach thing, or any thing right now. I am down to 12 days. 12 days. I cannot lose a second.

So I prayed. And whatever it was passed. I guess maybe it was just a digestion issue, but I'm telling you, I had chills. I give God all the credit for the fact that I woke up feeling fine. Crystal is still sleeping. I think I'm going to have some oj and depith a grapefruit.

I sent my advisor the result of yesterday's revisions. I think it'll make our talk on Tuesday better. The stuff I sent him Friday morning was just not..., well it wasn't... you know.

No comments: