Friday, November 17, 2006

I met K almost immediately after work for cocktails at the Brewer's Art. We had much catching up to do. In the time since I've last seen her she's dated and broken up with someone. We had the best time. We called her sister Catchka just before leaving the BA to tell her how much we really want her to be happy.

Happiness is much on my mind of late. I am reading Darrin McMahon's Happiness: A History as one of the last of two books for the Independent Study. I really want everyone I love to be happy. And what surprises me is how often that means not getting what you thought you wanted. But sometimes it does mean that. Whatever will give my friends the greatest ultimate, lasting satisfaction is what I hope for them. And the grace to know it when it comes.

No comments: