Friday, November 03, 2006

32 Flavors (and then some)...

Is my "finish the thesis" anthem. It's on heavy rotation in my iTunes library at the moment, and 32 flavors is the forecast for the foreseeable future. I will not be doing anything, talking to anyone, or listening to any talk that makes me feel like I am less than 32 flavors...

I'm so tired tonight, but I'm pushing on and starting Darrin McMahon's Happiness: A History for the Independent Study. I meet with my advisor on Tuesday and I want to have begun this daunting survey of the intangible. I turned in the Wallace Stevens response yesterday morning and have sent him more thesis revisions as of last night, so I'm hoping we can have a fruitful discussion. I will be revising more over the weekend. I am going to tap dance circles around this thesis (a little mania can be useful)!

One thing is startlingly clear (other than that this is a bad day for Evangelical Christians and Republicans, but this is not a political blog, so moving on...):

I would love to pursue this type of study full time. Ph. D. here I come. Ph. D., you are not ready for me...

No comments: