Sunday, November 12, 2006

The Best Kind of Sunday

I was up a bit late last night (talking to my sister and watching disc 2 of Arrested Development, season 2) so I slept in this morning, but not too late. I showered, made a quick, protein-heavy breakfast of scrambled eggs with steak, cheese, and onions (coffee to drink, of course), then did up the dishes. Full of purpose, I made my way to the library to return the Wallace Stevens books, then hit the market. Fortunately, I thought to bring my back pack with me, so the trek home was much easier (most the of the produce and one bag of stuff fit snugly in the knap sack) than usual. Because I managed to scare up enough quarters in change from my marketing errand, I was able to do two loads of laundry, one of which included my sheets and towels.

I whipped up some banana bread (from a box mix, but I added vanilla syrup and chocolate chips) while the clothes spun and dried; I got an early start on dinner so that it would be a simple matter of warming it up when the time came to eat.

Things had really suffered around here for the last few weeks while I devoted the lion's share of my attention to my art, so I purged my mail and excess papers that needed to be processed then filed or discarded; I dusted, took out the trash, then made myself read the articles in magazines I'd been saving. Once I was done (I only skimmed them, which is so typical of me)I threw the magazines out.

Now I read for the Independent Study for the next few hours before bed. At about eight or so, I'll warm a piece of the bread and have a bit of tea.

This is one version of the perfect day.

No comments: