Friday, October 20, 2006

Rewarding

My Advisor came over to my place this evening to discuss the revisions I poured my little heart into all week. The verdict? Categorical success. It seems that allowing myself to get a little unhinged--to leverage images more and weed out the tendency toward exposition made everything better.

I had been feeling daunted all week. I was convinced that all my efforts were tantamount to failure--that the University was absolutely going to reject my thesis. I worried that I had just gone off in an equally bad direction with the changes I made.

This is not to say that there isn't more work to do; there is. But we had an excellent, incredibly helpful discussion. I can see where to go and how to get there. Oh, I am so so glad that I have this man's sensibilities working for me and shaping this collection of work that summarizes the last two years of my life.

So, now here I am. Just me in front of the page again.... suddenly reminded of an Adrienne Rich poem (and I am not a fan of Adrienne Rich) in which she wrote I dreamed you were a poem I wanted to show someone.

No comments: