Wednesday, October 11, 2006

feeling like i'm developing a little touch of something. well, i'm not giving in to it. this is just not a good time to be coming down with anything. so there.

feeling less powerless about the thesis today. i made some decisions then took actions based on those decisions. i'm eliminating, altogether, a couple of problematic poems and only giving energy to those that i think are worth working on. i'm also adding a piece that really should have been included from the beginning. the page requirement won't be affected by the deletions, and it will just be better all the way around if i can just cut the crap. literally.

after work i headed to the library in search of a few Wallace Stevens essays. No such luck, but i did find a pretty exhaustive volume of his verse. in addition to reading Jung for my Independent Study, I'm brushing up on Stevens so i'll be in the loop when I visit my advisor's class next week (the classI would have been in had the I S not been approved).

listening to the dave matthews band's "let you down." i still love his plaintive forgive me... oh, oh forgive me...

No comments: