Saturday, October 07, 2006

I didn't have the energy to post about this before, but the day after my father passed, his father fell down some stairs, was taken to the hospital where he was assessed to be in critical condition, and put on life support. He had a very bad gash to the head and as a result has been unconscious for several days. Needless to say, he missed my father's funeral. No one could really guess at his chances for survival; things didn't look good. I prepared myself for the worst.

Today he woke up. My sisters went to see him, and though he couldn't talk back to them, he was alert and able to communicate through hand squeezes and with his eyes that he understood them.

In other news, I went shopping at my beloved Whole Foods (the first time in nearly 2 months) and got two varieties of leafy kale (since I'm not doing spinach right now), butternut squash, a red yam, strawberries, and papaya, along with some other goodies.

Heard back from my advisor, who had been in and out of town, and essentially hadn't gotten most of my messages. We meet on Monday after my Thesis class. I'm incredibly relieved. On so many levels.

No comments: