Saturday, May 01, 2004

I may be able to get some bookshelves (gratis) from Sarah's parents. Let's hope so... Watching an episode of "Clean Sweep" on TLC this morning I saw my dream coffee table (dark wood with both a top surface and bottom shelf). I paid the rent then went marketing to the little store that I used to go to to buy lunch and groceries when I lived and worked near Hopkins the first time around (97-99). I loved seeing some of the very same people behind the deli counter and stocking shelves that I used to see everyday back then. It gave me a lovely sense of continuity.

Speaking of anecdotal history and continuity, I have decided to try and unearth records of the name of the original occupant (the circa 1920s occupant) of my apartment. I have been romanticizing his or her life all week, and if I turn up anything exciting I may write a story about it. It's been fun making up theories about it for the last couple of days.

Well I'm working on some editing, so I'd better go. Just wanted to post something to let everyone know I'm still here.

Oh, P.S. I've decided to try and lose weight again. I did this once when I was 22, and it was a successful campaign, though not one I sustained. I'm just not happy with the way things are, and I'm ready to feel good about my body, once and for all.

No comments: