Tuesday, May 25, 2004

In an effort to better prepare for today's all-day meeting at work, I decided to come in at 7:30, so I could give myself something of a morning before our team project begins. I am presenting on a topic related to tests and test-taking at the top of this gathering, and I feel well-prepared. We'll see how it goes.

I called the cable company last night to discuss the credit I want them to give me, and the rep tried to date it from last Wednesday. I told her that when I called on Wednesday my cable had already been out for 24 hours, and that I took care to let the rep to whom I spoke on Wednesday know this. She was hesitating so I asked for a manager and that seemed to bring her around to her right mind. I'm being credited from Tuesday.
I've also called the gas & electric company because my name was misspelled on the bill. That rep took care of my request with courtesy and speed. Needless to say I like her a lot better.

I keep forgetting that this is the week leading into Memorial Day weekend. Starting at about noon tomorrow, my boss will be out for the balance of the week (as will several others). I don't mind that I don't have anything big planned. I really want something spontaneous to happen between Friday and Monday.

No comments: