Tuesday, May 11, 2004

I think most of the answers to any quandry one might face can be found in the immortal Kenny Rogers classic The Gambler

With that being said, I am steeped in research of the 1920s, since it is important to me to write about the decade with authority and integrity. I'm friends with an architect who, upon her return from Turkey, is going to come out to my building and discuss with me the elements of its design and structure that are especially characteristic of that period.

For those of you who may have glossed over this detail, or forgotten, I am trying to find information about the very first tenant to occupy my apartment in the 1920s when the two buildings that comprise my "development" were originally built. I want to write a story or a series of poems that are inspired by my findings. To this end, I have become utterly fascinated with the 20s, and have amassed some wonderful information from the Internet alone. I am in touch, via e-mail, with the rare references Library at Cornell University, which has tons of records on my little Baltimore neighborhood.

At this point, I may need to get a grant and quit my 9 to 5.

No comments: