Monday, March 29, 2004

Open door; Closed door

I saw my new apartment today. I was supposed to see it on Friday, but the current occupant flaked out again. She was supposed to have moved out over the weekend, so I planned to go this afternoon. As was the case in my dream about going to see the place a few weeks back, most of her things were still there.

I loved it. It is smaller than the one I have now, but the layout is charming, and it is perfect for this new era of my life. I am going to be downsizing--getting rid of my current desk; it's too big; getting rid of my entertainment center; it's way too big. I am going to procure smaller versions of each.

The placement of furniture will need to be very strategic to accommodate my new sofa, loveseat, and dining room set--to effect a cozy, but classy feeling.

No comments: