Tuesday, March 16, 2004

It is head-ache inducing cold today. It was supposed to snow up to six inches, and while I did not expect to see any white stuff on the streets when I woke up this morning, I can understand the forecast. I imagine that it’s snowing on top of the clouds as I write this, and simply raining little rock pellets down here. I’ve had to go outside about 3 times today for various reasons, and I was chagrined each time to face the bitter, freezing air.

The switching of horses midstream on our project is a pain, but we had an “all hands on deck” powwow today, and now the bulk of the extra work is done. We all just hunkered down and gave up 8 hours of time we could have used on our own work to get everyone’s work done. It’s a good feeling, actually.

I think I’m going to make some cocoa, listen to Ella, and keep making my peace with the way things are. I find that everyday I have to decide that Jesus is Lord, everyday I have to choose Him and set Him apart as Lord in my heart, lest I forget that before one of my days came to be, they were all accounted for in His book. And when, before time, He imagined me, foresaw my existence, He knew that tonight I would plan to enjoy potstickers and steamed spinach and garlic for dinner. He knew that I would love Jazz, He knew that I would love Him. He knew and knows every detail, so why do I obsess so much?

None of this is a surprise to the One I trust. And really, of what account am I that God should care about my lying down and my rising up and everything in between? But, He does, and that is more than enough. It’s everything.

No comments: