Thursday, March 11, 2004

In Between

I had a dream that I was walking around in my new apartment. The old tenant had moved out, but her furniture remained. It was my understanding that it would be removed before I took up residence, but because I wanted to see it and insisted on seeing it, the rental agent let me look around inside before it was cleaned up. The walls were painted various colours, there were winding stairs, and whatever direction I looked in, there seemed to be no end to the length and depth of the unit. It was spacious, sunny, and character-infused. Even though I knew it wasn’t perfect—and the old occupant’s junk was hindering my ability to really see it’s full glory, I was genuinely glad it was mine.

In real life, I have still been unable to go and see the apartment I am to occupy, because the tenant is unwilling to let the leasing agent show it prior to her moving out. In an effort to be proactive, I just called to establish that I will simply plan to see it on/after March 31st when it has been vacated.

At that point, it will be two weeks out from my move. I hope I am satisfied with it, because I’ll have two weeks to figure something else out if I don’t.

No comments: