Thursday, March 25, 2004

Find Your Soul Mate Now!

For the last several weeks, I have been bombarded with junk e-mail and phone calls from a bevy of dating services (Christian and secular) all pleading with me to find the one for whom my soul longs. I've started telling the phone pirates to take me off their lists because I'm not single. Technically, I am single, but philosophically, it is a very different story. The way I see it, God already knows who my mate is, and in my heart, I am already being faithful to this man by not serial dating for kicks.

I will know when it is time to begin a relationship and with whom. And I know it sounds closed-minded to think that God would not use something like a dating service to bring me someone great--clearly He could if he wanted to, but I just intuitively understand that for me, it will not be this way.

And let me state for the record I have no problem with someone proactively enlisting a professional or amateur matchmaker's services. I do have a problem with a company deciding I am single based on some mail list they purchased from someone else, and bombarding me with phone calls to offer their help in my quest for love.

I have the Creator of the universe on the case, thanks ever so much...

No comments: