Tuesday, August 14, 2007

the day that started off great but got progressively worse

i woke up this morning at 5 a.m., as per usual. i felt a remarkable ease settle over me almost immediately. it was still pitch black outside, i wasn't even dressed, but felt that this tuesday had all the makings of greatness about it.

i got to spin class and hit the zone so hard and so fast that you couldn't have told me i wasn't one with my fly-wheel. i pushed through the resistance. i killed in position three. i sprinted. i jumped. and it didn't even affect me.

a lovely, thoughtful communique from my boss put me in an even more wonderful mood--today is my one-year anniversary at the company and she wanted to let me know she remembered. tremendous.

several hours later and i have to say that while i am maintaining perspective, i do not believe that i am still within the same 24-hour period--the same date on the calendar as when i opened my eyes in a state of sheer bliss this morning.

some plans of mine were rescheduled. again. in general, something i've been hoping for has not happened and i have no reason to think it will. ever. and what is more, snags in a project of mine are making me feel less than great about the efforts i've been putting forth--though i feel like i'm killing myself to be great, somehow these efforts are not translating.

it's been a long time since i've felt like crying, throwing up my hands.

the latest issue of O Magazine arrived. I took the Schema test. It looks like a case of Abandonment and Unrelenting Standards plague my relationships. No kidding.

this is to say nothing of the random bit of skin that i somehow sliced off my thumb (i have no idea how this happened), or the fact that i forgot my mesh sponge and body wash, so i had to rely on the gym's soap for my shower this morning...)

No comments: