Sunday, August 26, 2007

coming together

after the football game that wasn't (pouring rain, a delayed kick-off in the rain, etc.) meant that my good friend E and I ate exhorbitantly priced stadium food and stood around for a couple of hours at FedEx Field. I know the seats were stellar and it was a chance to see the team I grew up rooting for battle the team that represents the town I feel like I'm from, but it just wasn't to be. E and I agreed that if we'd had rain coats (or even just been wearing long pants), it might have been worth it to sit in the rain. I, however, was wearing a denim skirt that stopped just at the knee, a flimsy cardigan set on top, and chunky Mary Janes. Believe me, it was cute, but it wasn't going to cut it in that weather.

E dropped me off at Sarah's (she was supposed to attend the game, too, but didn't feel well) afterward where I spent the night. After a grocery run this morning, S and I parted ways so I could get to the gym and then come back home to do my laundry (3 sizeable loads).

Thankfully, while I was out at the gym the window repairman came and fixed my bathroom window. I haven't been able to open it for a month. Whatever the mechanism is that holds a window up once it's lifted, was broken. Having that window open means an effective cross breeze, which alleviates, at least at night, the mugginess in this place (no a/c except for the bedroom).

As soon as he left (I got back before he was finished), I did my resistance bands routine and started laundry. With that done in short order, I set about preparing a prawn salad over mixed greens for dinner. Once it was ready to be enjoyed, I popped in "North By Northwest"--love Hitchcock--and relaxed.

Near the end of the movie I got restless. I got up and started tidying and dusting. I purged some papers, did my toenails, and rearranged a little furniture. I think having a cup of coffee at 4 in the afternoon may have been a bit late, caffeine-wise.

Tomorrow morning I am working out at home (early business meeting will be less complicated if I skip the gym scene). I thought about giving myself the day off, but given that my gym is closed Thursday though Labor Day (annual cleaning), I really shouldn't skip any workouts. Saturday, Sunday, and Monday it's just not likely that I'll get in my cardio fix, so I should save up for the slacking that is part and parcel of a holiday.

Have a great week everyone!

No comments: